On these pages you will find a schedule of events, entry forms, location information and more. Website sponsored by LR Communications.
AGAIN THIS YEAR: Most activities will be at the River Valley Complex (RVC)/Library area on Friday and Saturday. The RVC/Library area is located across from the water tower on Main Street. We hope that by all being in one location it will benefit the community!!
Other Locations to visit: Bertolet Park area, on HWY 72 just west of Main St.; Historical Museum on HWY 72 just east of Main St.
Begin with the Antique Tractor / Engine Show, the Tractor Rodeo, Grass Attack Band and Lions Club sponsored Fireworks on Friday ; continue with the Car Show, Cornbag Tournament, Truck & Tractor Pulls on Saturday and conclude this fun filled weekend with the Lions Club Pork Chop Dinner and enjoy the Grand Parade on Sunday.
The Craft Show will be at the Historical Museum on Saturday at 9:00 – 5:00.
NEW: Fibbers will have Spotted Dog on Friday at 8:00 – midnight. Rumors will be having “Ryan and Joe Trio” playing Sunday at 4:00-8:00.
For the kids:
- Saturday will include several different games for kids to enjoy and face panting behind the Bertolet Library at 10:00 – 12:00. Games and face painting are free, and are sponsored by the Leaf River Lions Club and the Leaf River United Methodist Church.
- There will also be free barrel wagon rides from 10:00 – 2:00 near the library, sponsored by the Leaf River Lions Club.
- The Bertolet Foundation is providing a bounce house and slide at the RVC at 10:00 – 2:00.
- There will be a Petting Zoo at the Historical Museum on Saturday at 10:00 – 4:00.
- NEW: Greased Pig Competition at the Museum on Saturday at 2:00. The Pigs will be auctioned off Sunday at 4:00 at the Bertolet Park.
Eat your way through the weekend as you sample flavorful Italian beef, cold sweet Ice Cream, savory Angus burgers, big beefy hot dogs, Louisiana Snowballs and smokey Pork Chops. Visit the Historical Museum On HWY 72 to feed your sweet tooth with delectable baked goods and homemade ice cream. (see Food Pages for details)
Leaf River Summer Daze is the place to be June 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Come enjoy the good food, great friends and lots of fun!